Nintendo has announced to release a new firmware update for Wii U system.This update makes the unauthorized future or current modifications unplayable.
Nintendo in the post said,
After the Wii U system is updated, any existing or future unauthorized technical modification of the hardware or software of your Wii U system, or the use of an unauthorized device in connection with your system, may render the system permanently unplayable. Content deriving from the unauthorized modification of the hardware or software of your Wii U system may be removed. Failure to accept the update may render games unplayable.
Update may take more than an hour to complete and has been advised not to power off system during this time.
Named 3.0.0 U, the update adds new features to the Wii U systems
- A standby function to download and install software while the system is powered off
- Software purchased from the Nintendo eShop will automatically install in the background once the download is complete
- Holding down the B Button while the Wii U logo is displayed during startup will load the Wii Menu
Some minor changes were also made to the system settings
- An option to transfer and/or copy between two USB storage devices in “Data Management”
- The ability to select multiple software titles when transferring, copying, or deleting data in “Data Management”
- The option to adjust screen size is now available under “TV”
- “Auto Power-Down” has been renamed “Power Settings”
With some more changes were added to MiiVerse, Nintendo eShop, Internet Browser and Download Management.