Samsung Galaxy S4 was launched world over with much fanfare and so in US.In US, the mobile was launched on AT&T, Sprint while other cellular companies like T-mobile , Verizon will be adding the mobile in coming days. While consumers in the UK are facing some delay in getting their hands on the mobile.
Apart from the launch of the mobile another news is making waves around the mobile. The news is that Samsung newly launched mobile can be easily rooted using the old Motorola exploit used for rooting the Qualcomm based devices.
The XDA Forum has posted the steps to root the Samsung Galaxy S4. The developer for the Motochopper said,
A recent root exploit I published for Motorola devices, Motochopper, should do the trick for rooting the Qualcomm-based variants of the Samsung Galaxy S4, including the AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile branded models.
So if you are one of those who wants the GOD power to control your mobile. Then follow the steps at your own risk because a mistake may brick the phone.
Download the exploit from XDA forum.
- Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
- If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Samsung USB drivers available for your phone.
- Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB.
- If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute “run.bat”. If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute “./run.sh”.
- Approve the ADB connection from your PC on your device.
Source XDA Forum